Booking sports massage in Cincinnati is a great way to keep your body healthy and functioning at its best after intense training, a week of hard work, or on your way to recovering from an injury. A regular massage can help improve circulation, increase flexibility, and reduce muscle tension. All of these benefits are crucial for athletes and those who train regularly, especially if you love CrossFit, as they actually help prevent injuries and improve performance.
Not only sports massage is beneficial for athletes and those who love high-intensity training. You can also try deep tissue, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, and stretching to help your muscles build up strength and recover properly.
In this article, we share the top sports massage in Cincinnati along with the most popular chiropractor and injury-recovery centers.
Best Sports Massage in Cincinnati Upfront
- Best sports massage in Cincinnati for athletes – Cincinnati Muscle Therapy
- Best sports massage in Cincinnati for recovery and rehabilitation – Peak Performance Sports Therapy and Scheiding Sports & Rehabilitative Massage LLC
- Best chiropractor center – Mt Lookout Chiropractic Center
- Cincinnati Muscle Therapy – #1 Best sports massage in Cincinnati
Cincinnati Muscle Therapy provides tons of good massages and treatments for athletes: from traditional sports massage and cupping therapy to myoskeletal and neuromuscular therapies, to orthopedic manual therapy and medical massages. You will most definitely find help here if you face any sort of muscular or joint pain, postural issues, or recovering from injuries, including concussions.
Crystal McCray, an African American massage therapist, owns Cincinnati Muscle Therapy. Crystal concentrates on neuromuscular, sports massage, and pain injuries therapies and is a licensed massage therapist and certified myoskeletal therapist in the state of Ohio. She is also a member of AMTA (American Massage Therapy Association) and ABMP (Association of Bodywork and Massage Professionals).
Each session is tailored for your needs and starts with a consultation.
- Prices: a one-hour session is $85.
- Address: 6240 Hamilton Ave., Suite 6D
- Book: https://www.cincinnatimuscletherapy.com/
- Peak Performance Sports Therapy & Pain Relief – #2 Best sports massage in Cincinnati
At Peak Performance Sports Therapy & Pain Relief, therapists address not the symptoms but the source of the problem and listen very carefully to their clients. Each session starts with a Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) and movement analysis to find out what will be your Injury recovery treatment plan. The therapist encourages you to bring your MRIs, CT Scans, or X-rays.
Their therapy assets include Active Release Techniques, neuromuscular therapy, active isolated stretching, muscle activation techniques, radial or focused shockwave therapy, Niel Asher technique, and extracorporeal magnetic transduction. It will be a great choice for those looking to recover after sports injuries.
- Prices: the first session is $110 and it will be up to 75 min.
- Address: 9403 Kenwood Road, Suite D-104
- Book: https://www.peakperformancesportstherapy.com/sports-therapy-services.html
- Scheiding Sports & Rehabilitative Massage LLC – #3 Best sports massage in Cincinnati
Sports massage at Scheiding Sports & Rehabilitative Massage LLC is highly ranked as injury treatment and post-workout aid. Zech, the owner, was even called a GOAT in comments for his massage, as he can help you even if you’re an “exercise junkie” and your body has been trained your whole life intensively.
All tightness, knots, pain, and discomfort will be gone. Even elder people who was suffering from pain for decades feel a significant change after seeing one of the therapists at Scheiding Sports & Rehabilitative Massage LLC.
- Prices: the first visit will be around 80 min including consultation and assessment and will cost $110. One-hour sports massage with Zech is $100.
- Address: 3830 Paxton Ave, Cincinnati
- Book: https://www.massagebook.com/Cincinnati~Massage~scheidingsportsmassage?src=external
- Mt Lookout Chiropractic Center – Best Chiropractor Center in Cincinnati
Mt Lookout Chiropractic Center has more than 600 reviews and proudly holds a 4.9-star rating on Google for helping a lot of people with their neuromusculoskeletal complaints.
This center and its doctors and chiropractors serve Cincinnati for over 35 years and focus on family chiropractic services, and injuries recovery, including auto injuries, rehabilitation, and active release techniques. An in-depth orthopedic and neurological exam allows specialists to get to the root of the problem.
Specialists at Mt Lookout Center will also advise you on a healthy diet and physical therapy.
- Address: 455 Delta Avenue, Suite 1
- Book: https://mtlookoutchiro.com/
- Norwood Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center
Norwood Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center is the place to fix you if you’re living in Norwood or Mason. They offer personalized chiropractic therapy for all family members, active release, and dry needling to target tension, muscle ache, and restore mobility.
- Address: 2300 Wall St. Suite Q in Norwood, and 6499 Mason Montgomery Rd., Suite D in Mason.
- Book: https://www.norwoodchiropractic.com/
- Real Wellness
REAL incorporates the center’s mission to help Cincinnati residents Relax, Energize, Activate and Live.
Real Wellness’ sports massage is a restorative and preventive massage to keep you from injuries or help you recover faster from some that have already happened. It is a part of the specialty massage services they provide. You can as well book a deep tissue massage if you need to fight some old muscle tension on a deeper level.
- Prices: from $99 for one hour.
- Address: 3735 Paxton Ave.
- Book: https://www.realwellnesscincy.com/massages
- Flex therapy, sports, and Medical massage
Iain Huges – LMT who opened Flex Therapy center, is not only a certified specialist in sports therapy but has been active in many sports himself, knowing first-hand what are the main issues athletes face.
A session at Flex Therapy includes an assessment, massage, and kinesiotaping if necessary. The therapy is focused on professional sports injuries and conditions, as well as on preventing them.
- Prices: $90 for new clients for a 75-min session including assessment.
- Address: Suite 212, 10979 Reed Hartman Hwy, Blue Ash
- Book: https://www.flextherapymassage.com/treatments
- Motion therapeutic massage and Bodywork
Motion Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork is created by Melissa Salchli – an LMT, and a certified manual lymph drainage therapist, who has been helping people become pain-free for over 25 years.
She offers deep tissue, myofascial release, and sports massage. All techniques are suitable for active people and athletes and help increase range of motion, recover from injuries and realign the body.
- Prices: starting from $50 for 30 minutes
- Address: 347 Stanley Ave., Suite 2W
- Book: http://www.motiontmb.com/services.html
- Calming Soul Massage
Calming soul massage has sports massage combined with stretching for achieving better results. If needed, Kisiah – the owner and certified massage therapist, will also add cupping.
During her career, Kisiah has successfully worked with professional athletes from runners to NFP players. She is also available for in-home massage and stretching sessions.
- Prices: one-hour session of sports massage is $115.
- Address: 3707 Madison Rd, Cincinnati
- Book: https://calmingsoulsmassage.com/services/
- Savannah Hyde Away
Savannah Hyde Away’s sports massage is combined with Thai stretching and is available during the 90-min sessions. Savannah, the owner, and certified massage therapist, helps not only recover after a workout but also ease headaches or tension. You can request CBD, cupping, hot stones, or aromatherapy add-ons.
- Prices: from $120
- Address: 3380 Erie Avenue, Suite 103
- Book: https://www.savannahshydeaway.com/services
- The Garage Massage Therapy and Bodywork
The Garage Massage Therapy and Bodywork take care of those who work or train hard. They do cupping, trigger point therapy, deep tissue, and, of course, sports massage. If you have an emergency, they accept last-minute appointments.
Sports massage at The Garage Massage Therapy and Bodywork is great for before training or sports competition to prepare you for peak performance or after – to release the tension and prevent injuries.
- Prices: $105 for a one-hour sports massage
- Address: 7809 Laurel Ave, Suite 3, Madeira
- Book: https://www.garagebodywork.com/site/services/
- Inner Peace Organic Spa
Inner Peace organic spa is mostly oriented toward holistic practice, and they are also ready to offer you sports massage combined with elements of myofascial release and intense stretching. The therapist will focus on a group of muscles that needs extra attention.
Depending on your needs you can choose from 30 to 120-min session.
- Prices: from $50 to $200.
- Address: 811 Race St., 3rd floor, Cincinnati
- Book: https://www.innerpeaceorganicspa.com
- Massage Envy
Therapists at Massage Envy tailor each session based on clients’ needs, and they can create a custom sports massage with elements of trigger point therapy, deep tissue, rapid tension relief, or full-body stretching.
- Address: they have several locations: at Hyde Park,Newport, Florence, Kenwood, and Colerain.
- Book: https://www.massageenvy.com
- Satori Holistic Massage
Satori Holistic Massage offers sports massage of 60 or 90 minutes sessions. Sports massage will include compression and stretching techniques and help in rehabilitation from injuries or intense physical labor. Overall, Satori’s approach is to create a place where both mind and body can relax.
- Prices: 60 minutes: $90, 90 minutes: $120
- Address: Salons By JC, 3825 Edwards Rd Suite #28, Cincinnati
- Book: https://satoriholisticmassage.com/
- Serenity massage and bodywork Cincinnati
Serenity massage and bodywork Cincinnati is a group of licenses therapists specializing in different massage techniques. They have on the menu a 30, 60, or 90-min sports massage which is a therapeutic massage combined with stretching and joint rotations.
- Prices: from $45 for a 30-min
- Address: 9642 Cincinnati Columbus Rd, Rt 42, West Chester
- Book: https://www.serenitymassagecincy.com/
- Equilibrium 3 Therapeutic
Equilibrium 3 therapeutic united 3 professional massage therapists – Beth, Robby, and Sandra, focusing on the scientifically-proven benefits of massage. The center offers trigger point therapy and more therapy modalities for pain and tension relief.
You can as well schedule a 15-min structural strength and body dysfunctions assessment.
- Prices: from $50 for a 30-min session.
- Address: 3440 Edwards Road
- Book: http://equilibrium3.com/
16) Deanna’s massage hands
Deanna is loved by her clients for deep tissue massage, relaxation therapy, and trigger point therapy. Her massage includes relaxation through stimulation of the nervous system, muscle release, and pain relief, as well as work on your range of motion. The massage can include warm bamboo rolling.
- Prices: from $150 for a one-hour session
- Address: 3268 Jefferson Ave, Cincinnati
- Book: https://bookdeeshands.as.me/schedule.php
- Elements Massage Cincinnati
Elements Massage has a traditional sports massage, but also modern trigger point therapy for targeted pain relief, and stretch massage. The therapists will adapt the massage depending on the sport you’re practicing.
- Prices: for first-timers, the one-hour session is $79.
- Address: A few locations near Cincinnati: 7753 Beechmont Ave., Suite 100, 7594 Cox Ln West Chester, and 6805 Houston Rd, Florence.
- Book: https://elementsmassage.com
- Tonics Spa at Cincinnati Sports Club
Perfectly convenient for all members of Cincinnati Sports Club, they have Tonics Spa, offering sports massages and all kinds of other spa packages. They offer a traditional sports massage combined with an intense muscle-relief gel, to help your muscles loosen up, and your body recovers faster after a workout. Alternatively, you can book an acupuncture session to target your pain.
Spa services are available for non-members as well but will be slightly more expensive.
- Kneading Zen
Kneading Zen was opened 7 years ago by Michelle – a proud resident of Cincinnati. She focuses on helping people living with pain, as she personally had suffered from bad sciatic nerve pain. Today she incorporates all her knowledge into a custom-tailored therapy.
- Prices: $120 for a 60-min pain relief session.
- Address: 10921 Reed Hartman Hwy Ste 235 Blue Ash
- Book: https://www.massagebook.com/Blue_Ash~Massage~kneadingzen#services/bodywork
- Tri-County Spine and Rehab
Tri-County Spine and Rehab is a chiropractor and injury treatment center in West Chester aiming to set you pain-free. They treat muscular pain and tension, spinal problems, help to recover after accidents, and offer general massage therapy.
- Address: 4904 Wunnenberg Way, West Chester
- Book: https://tricountyspineandrehab.com/
- Mello Massage
Massage therapists at Mello are not only certified in sports massage but also have gone through Strength and Conditioning training to better understand the needs and issues athletes and active people face. The sports massage at Mello focuses on overused muscles to prevent injuries and decrease recovery time after a workout.
Each session will be customized for your needs. Sessions are available from 30 to 120 minutes.
- Prices: from $33 for 30 minutes.
- Address: 5912 Kellogg Ave, Cincinnati
- Book: https://mellomassagellc.com/services-2/
- Core Health Centers of Florence
CORE Health Center focuses on chiropractic services and massage therapy. They help with cervical and spine adjustment, muscular pain treatments, posture treatment, and neuromuscular problems since 2008 and are proud to keep Florence residents healthier.
- Address: 5900 Centennial Cir Suite 180 Florence
- Book: https://www.yelp.com/biz/core-health-centers-of-florence-florence?osq=sports+massage
- Woodhouse Day Spa
Woodhouse Day Spa offers diverse massages and spa packages, including sports massage which is a combination of deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, and stretching. Perfect for both pre and post-workout muscle release.
- Prices: $135 for a 50-min session
- Address: 9370 Montgomery Rd
- Book: https://locations.woodhousespas.com/dir/oh/cincinnati/9370-montgomery-rd
- Spavia Rookwood
Spavia is one of the most popular spas in Cincinnati. It is an award-winning massage and day spa center offering versatile beauty and massage treatments. Sports massage at Spavia is a unique therapeutic massage for loosening up tight muscles with salt stones and stretching to increase your range of motion.
- Prices: 60 Min – $109
- Address: 3825 Edwards Rd #106, Cincinnati
- Book: https://cincinnatioh.spaviadayspa.com/
- Head and Stone
All-in-one massage and spa center with a huge list of treatments for all kinds of occasions and purposes. Head and Stone’s sports massage aims to stretch your muscles, improve body flexibility, and help your body relax and recover. You can also book a deep tissue massage or trigger point therapy to work on specific areas with advanced pressure.
- Prices: $119.95 for a one-hour sports massage.
- Address: two locations close to Downtown Cincinnati: 3242 Vandercar Way, and 2426 Baxter Ave, Crescent Springs, KY.
- Book: https://www.handandstonecincinnati-oakley.com/
<H2> What is the difference between deep tissue, medical massage, or sports massage in Cincinnati?
Sometimes it may be challenging to choose between deep tissue, sports massage, or a medical-massage. They may seem similar yet the massage therapists will use different techniques and the therapy itself has a different purpose. At the same time, an experienced therapist knows how to combine them to maximize effects.
Deep tissue is often considered to be a full-body massage with firm strokes, pressure, and deep tissue release. It is a therapeutical massage. It fits not only athletes but people with a stressful job or having a sedentary lifestyle. It aims both for relaxation and muscle recovery. A deep-tissue massage can last for up to 2 hours.
Sports massage is usually focused on a specific area that needs attention before or after a workout, or as a part of rehabilitation after an injury. It aims for healing, pain relief, and faster muscle recovery. It can be a 30 to 90 min session. Regular sports massage helps prevent minor injuries.
While medical and sports massage may somehow overlap, the medical massage goal is purely restorative. Massage therapists normally have extensive education and knowledge to work with medical conditions and injuries. Depending on the prescription and treatment plan, a session of medical massage can be only 15 min.
Whether you’re a weekend warrior, workaholic, or athlete, there are plenty of great sports massage therapists in Cincinnati ready to help you recover faster between training sessions, recharge after a tiresome week or heal after an injury. We recommend booking sports massages in sessions to maximize the outcome!